Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Matryoshka doll

My wonderful friend Kim surprised me with a gift today. A pair of socks with the matryoshka doll on them! I LOVE them!!

The matryoshka doll holds a special place in my heart. Growing up, I would play with a set of the nesting dolls at my grandmas house. Her and my grandpa picked up the set while traveling through the USSR. While some travelers may have kept them tucked away from harm, she let me play with them as much as I wanted. Now that my grandma is gone, I treasure the memory!

The dolls now take on additional meaning--they're a reminder of our precious child(ren) waiting for us in Ukraine! I can't help but smile thinking about everything coming together full circle.

Thank you Kim, for giving me such a precious gift! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh, those are a-dor-a-ble! Well done, Kim! Jenny, if you want another set of those nesting dolls to have on hand, I'll give you mine. They were a gift from a friend but I know your home would be the perfect place for them to reside.

    ReplyDelete