Thursday, November 8, 2012

Top 10

Wow! What a week it's been. Here are the highlights:

  • $553 was raised through the online auction! THANK YOU!  This amount will cover more than half of our next fee--translating our paper work into Ukrainian. Praise the LORD!
  • I finished up our dossier paperwork on Friday and had it notarized. I feel like this task deserves much more than a bullet point. Really, I'd like to scream it from the roof tops. See me to the right with our completed packets? Finishing this step is definitely one of my new "favorite things!" 
  • The dossier was mailed to Sacramento where it's currently getting apostilled (fancy, expensive term for an official seal by the Secretary of State). I feel sorry for the poor man at Fed Ex who helped me mail it. Me: "What do you mean you can only insure documents for $1? This is my LIFE!!!"  
  • Mr. Fed Ex also helped me mail my immigration approval to Texas. 
  • AND mail copies of my dossier to Clovis, CA. 
  • You better believe all this mailing and nail biting caused me to open up a Fed Ex account so I could get constant updates and track my blood, sweat, and tears. 
  • In case you're wondering, all 3 document packets arrived safely (hallelujah!). 
  • After all the dossier documents get the apostilles, they are mailed directly to God's Waiting Children, get translated into Ukrainian, and are sent off to Ukraine. Oh, it's only 6,000 miles away, I'm sure they'll be fine.
  • Then we wait. And bite our nails more. 
  • As a side note, for those of you wondering, yes, it looks like we'll be able to get our dossier in before the November 30 holiday cut off. :) :) :) We're coming for you baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment