Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Baby Shower

I was blessed with a beautiful baby shower this past weekend hosted by Mark's mom and sister.  The theme of the shower was baseball which was perfect since Mark is a die hard fan.  I'm still amazed at all of the little details they put into the shower and I'm convinced it would get lots of repins on Pinterest! :)
Here are some photos from the day:
The Snack Bar--including "beef sliders" (french dips), "the green monster" (avocado sandwiches),
 "Dodger Dogs" (pigs in a blanket), "fruit bats" (fruit on a skewer),
Cracker Jacks, Red Vines, M&M's, and Bubble gum 
Adorable clothes line with baseball onesies, handmade centerpieces,
peanuts, and baseball cards at each place setting
The gift table--wow were we blessed!
Favors: baseball rattle sugar cookies handmade by Betty--Thank you!
The two gracious hosts--my mother and sister-in-law
Opening gifts for the future Trojan 
Ruslana opening a gift brought for her--a beautiful bracelet 
My dear friend Kim and I--both expecting boys!
Ruslana, my mom, Tina, Stacy, Diane
Traci, Aubreyann
Christine, Aunt Judy, Aunt Diane, Kim                                 
Kim, myself, Mark, Debra
Laura, Tracey, Hilary, Victoria
The Reed girls and Amanda
Kalie, Linda, Erin, Melanie, Cary, Betty, Cydney

With my mom and sister 
With both of my "babies"
My cousin Tori, sister Laura, cousin Hilary, and Aunt Diane
who drove all the way from Arizona to celebrate baby boy
Grandmother and Ruslana--I think they look so alike!
Soon-to-be parents of two
We had a great time eating, talking with friends and family, and playing a few games.  One game we played was predicting baby boys name, birthday, weight, length, and hair color.  Interestingly several people guessed the name "Jayden" and most predicted a baby around 8lbs. To those who predicted a baby weighing over 100 lbs and being a few yards long--very funny! I anticipate looking back and seeing if anyone guessed the correct statistics.

Ruslana did great socially and seemed to enjoy herself.  When we got home she couldn't wait to go through all of baby brother's gifts to look at and organize them with me.  Later in the day she told me what a fun day it was and that she is excited to play games with her brother.  I can't wait to see what a great big sister she will be! 

Thank you to all of our friends and family who made this such a special day.  We've literally doubled our family over night and couldn't have done it without all of your love and support. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable shower ideas! I love how I got to the Reed girls on your blog :) So funny!

    ReplyDelete