Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

We had a wonderful time celebrating Father's Day.  It was Mark's first year celebrating as a proud papa.  We started the day off by showering him with a few gifts:
Ruslana LOVED the musical card she picked out for him.  
In addition to the card, he got sweet dinosaur planters, a Dodgers Yasiel Puig shirt,
and Ebay and iTunes giftcards. 
After Mark opened his gifts, his parents came over to our home for breakfast.  We had chorizo and eggs, tortillas, beans, and chips and salsa.  I'm not sure how many other families would eat beans and chips for breakfast, but, in true California form, it was delicious! :)

Next up we went and played miniature golf.  It was Ruslana's first time playing and we all had a lot of fun.
The two fathers tied for first place! 
She's such a cutie!
Ruslana, Papa, Mama & Baby brother (at 35 weeks)
R riding on a horse (thanks grandmother!)
In the evening, we went out to dinner with my dad and grandpa. We feasted on Mexican food (yes, again!) and had a lot of fun sitting outside experiencing the perfect ambiance and weather.
Ruslana and Papa walking to dinner
Ruslana sitting in President Taft's chair 
My grandpa "drinking" out of his new camera lens mug--he's awesome 
Right to Left: my sister Laura, Laura's boyfriend James, Mark,
Ruslana, my dad, me, and my grandpa
I am so thankful for all of the dads in my life.  I'm especially proud of how well Mark has eased into his fatherly role and been such a wonderful papa to Ruslana.  He's simply the best!
Cheers to all of the wonderful fathers out there!


2 comments:

  1. Love reading your blog Jenny. You guys really are amazing. And Ruslana is about the cutest thing I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monika! Thanks for your sweet comments! We're far from being amazing..but I appreciate the compliment! And I may be partial, but I think Ruslana is the cutest thing too! :)

    ReplyDelete