Some of the things we've been up to:
- Ruslana is continuing to love her swimming lessons and has become quite the fish.
- A teacher (an absolute angel) from R's school is meeting with Ruslana three times a week to help her with her English and math. Ruslana loves her and it's been a major blessing for our family.
- R saw her first movie in the movie theatre (Monsters University):
- She's taken an interest in doing her nails (which I, of course, love):
- We met with Laurel, the director of God's Waiting Children, for the first-time in person:
- Ruslana bought something for the first time using her chore money--a toy car. While we know that she loves this movie, it was a surprising choice to us. Even more odd is that she still hasn't opened it or played with it. Hmm...
- Her eating is hardly an issue now. Restaurants are a lot funner now!
- We baked Scarlett (our dog) a cheese dog cake in the shape of a dog bone to celebrate her 2nd birthday. Yes...we're a little crazy, but it sure was fun! And Scarlett loved it!
- Mark and I celebrated our wedding anniversary by spending the night at the hotel where we were married six years ago. It was a fabulous getaway and Ruslana had a blast staying at her grandma's house (and getting spoiled!):
|Full circle--38 weeks pregnant in the room |
where we had our wedding reception
- With only two weeks to go until my due date, we are anxiously waiting to meet our sweet boy. Ruslana also can't wait to be a big sister:
This is certainly a summer we will never forget--it'll be our very first summer with both of our kiddos. We are so very blessed and happy!