Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

This year's Halloween was a very special one.  It was the first Halloween for both of my kids!  It's pretty neat that, despite a ten-year age difference, they experience a lot of firsts at the same time.

When Mark and I were in Ukraine and saw Ruslana's photo on her file, besides instantly knowing that she was our daughter, I said that she looked like a little Snow White.  So after she saw the movie and loved it, we decided that it would be a great costume for her! Here's her original file photo, the first time we ever saw her:
And here she is, our beautiful Snow White: 
Mark told her that she was so beautiful that Snow White dresses up as Ruslana on Halloween :)

Levi dressed up as a Lion. His baby talk makes for a mean roar. And that mane? Stop it. Too. Darn. Cute. 


 We went trick-or-treating down our street with some friends and had a great time.

Ruslana loved celebrating Halloween and told me that she loved having a family to protect her. When we asked her what her favorite part of the night was she said "CANDY!!!" Of course...what a silly question.  Her favorite candy (and food in general) is a Snickers bar, so when she was presented with this gigantic Snickers, she was over-the-moon!!! This thing is a monster...you cut it in slices to eat it! WOW! It's seriously awesome.  I guess I'll have to rethink my strategy of telling her she can have one candy bar at a time! 

We had a wonderful time having some Halloween fun! 

1 comment:

  1. Your kids are adorable! I love both of their costumes but Ruslana shines in her snow white gown. She sure is a beautiful girl. The age difference between your kiddos and mine are exactly the same. When we brought Oksana home she was 8 and we had Landon when she was 10. :) Lots of the same firsts for them too. Love it! How is Ruslana doing in school? Is she in any sports? I found my daughter excelled in Skating and gymnastics and is an amazing dancer. She loves hip hop classes.
    Anyway, Love so see all the smiles. I guess I keep coming back to read because your family is so very similar to my own.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete