Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Fifth Grader in the House!


Today was Ruslana's first day of school.  She's the big one on campus--a 5th grader!  Since we moved over the summer it was not only her first day in a new grade, it was also the first day at a new school.  Had it been me, I would've been scared and nervous all summer.  But not Ruslana!  This brave little girl loves school and even had a countdown to the first day.

Here she is--ready to go!
"Oh mom.  Pictures?  Really?!"  (R)
"Yep. Now let me see your backpack." (J)
"Mom, we are NOT doing this at school." (R)
"Yeah, yeah...OK give me a 5 for 5th grade!" (J)
                                                
Mark and Ruslana off to change the world
I'll admit, Ruslana may not have had nerves on her first day of school, but I did!  I couldn't wait to pick her up and hear how it went.  I let out a sigh of relief when she ran up to me with a big smile on her face.  She said, "it was great!!!" PHEWF!  She told me that she was the only student that was able to finish all the times tables in the allotted time, she played handball and soccer at recess, and even had her beloved P.E.  And, she liked her teacher and the kids were nice.  All in all, I'd say it was a very successful day.  It looks like it's going to be a great year and I can't wait to see her continued growth!

2 comments:

  1. She would do great anywhere she is! I hope I had her enthusiasm to go to school! haha!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna!
    I wish I had it too! She certainly didn't get her zeal for school from me!

    ReplyDelete