Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March Madness


I've been encouraged over the last few weeks to update the blog more.  I'll admit, I still can't believe that anyone other than my mom actually reads this!  So, to my faithful readers, here's an update.  Thanks for continuing to check in on my crazy family. 

Like most months, March was a busy one!

On March 6, it was Marks birthday.  I took him on a surprise overnight trip (first time with no kids!) to Palm Springs.  We had a wonderful, relaxing time.  We stayed in a private bungalow with an outdoor tub, got massages, ate at Copley's (Cary Grant's former estate), and had fun exploring down town.  I felt like it was my birthday too :-)

We also moved.  This was our 5th move in 7 years.  Phewf, I'm tired of moving!  Trying to pack when you're seven months pregnant and have a toddler isn't ideal, but I made it!  I told Mark he's going to need to wheel me out of this place when I'm 100 because I never want to move again! Fingers crossed.  We are now living in the most adorable, charming cottage with an awesome backyard.  We are enjoying it so much.  Here are some photos of the move and hanging out at our new place:
Move morning snuggles.  Could this be any cuter?!
Ruslana is such a great big sister.
Ruslana and Mark in front of our Uhaul after moving day.
(I promise she didn't wear PJ's all day!)
Looking out our dutch door waiting for daddy to get home 
He's home!
My dad playing with the kids after delivering my latest
Craigs List find.  THANK YOU DAD! :) 
Levi, a major animal lover, petting and hugging the
deer statues in the backyard. 
One of the best parts of the backyard is the playhouse!
I can't wait to decorate it and put some fun toys inside.



Levi is having an especially good time outside:

video
Blowng "bubbies" aka bubbles

video
Off-roading in his quad

And to earn his keep, Levi mowing the lawn:

video

Ruslana's two year homecoming anniversary was on March 31st.  In some ways it feels like it was only yesterday that we were in Ukraine, but I also can't imagine our family without her!  What an amazing blessing it has been to see her flourish over the last two years.

Baby lady continues to grow and thrive and I'm now in the third trimester.  It's hard to believe that we will be meeting her soon! We can't wait.


March has been quite the eventful month and it's looking like April will be too.  I'll do my best to keep you in the loop! 


3 comments:

  1. She is becoming a beautiful young lady.I love the pic. of her snuggling with her little brother. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of Ruslana cuddling with the baby, it's so adorable! Happy late B-day Mr. J.
    Glad to see you blogging again Mrs. Jackson :)

    ReplyDelete