Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Ruslana: Heart of Gold

One of the things I love most about Ruslana is her heart of gold.  This girl doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She doesn't hold grudges, is patient, and loves to help people.  One way that I see her pure heart shine through is in letters that she writes to me or to other family members and friends.  I have a big box full of her letters and I hope she never stops writing them.  Here are a few of my recent favorites:                               





On an unrelated note, this beauty got her hair cut yesterday.   She was soo excited.  When she was in the orphanage she never got a say in what they did to her hair, so having the ability to choose means a lot to her.  I think she looks pretty darn cute if I say so myself!  

She goes back to school in a few weeks and is very excited to begin a new year.  In the mean time she's enjoying her new baby sister, playing with Levi, and taking swimming lessons.   We are so proud of our eldest girl! 

3 comments:

  1. I have followed your blog ever since you adopted Ruslana. It's been wonderful to read. Thank you for sharing with so many folks.

    I'm the mother of 3 (now grown) girls and your post today reminded me of when they were that age. One of them also loved to give me notes. I realized that words of affirmation were really important to her. I bought a blank journal and put it on my daughter's dresser with a pen. Then, every night, after she was asleep, I would write something positive in it, something she did that day, something I loved about her, etc, etc. And she would write back whenever she wanted. It gave her a safe place to write her feelings when she would get frustrated with me and she also loved to read what I wrote. It gave me a way to encourage and love her in her language. She's in her 30 's now but she still has that journal!

    I just thought I'd pass that idea on. You're doing great!

    Ruth in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth!
      Thank you for the great idea!!! I just got a notebook and wrote my first letter. She is so excited! I think it will be a great thing for our relationship and what a special keepsake to have later.

      Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. I can't imagine our family without her. She is so loved and she has been a blessing to all of us.

    ReplyDelete