Sunday, May 1, 2016

My Dad



On April 30th, 2016, my dad passed away from cancer at the age of 57. Words can't convey what an awesome man my dad was, but I'm going to give it a shot. He was generous, kind, always knew how to make people laugh (and embarrass his daughters), hard working, passionate, and adventurous. He swam with sharks, jumped out of airplanes, walked on fire, climbed mountains, conquered the Ironman triathlon, and had a zeal for life that was unmatched. He was an excellent father who loved me and my sister unconditionally, took us on trips around the world, gave us insight on all things Apple, built us play houses, and helped our next DIY project become a reality. He always bent over backwards to help us, even if it was from one of our brainiac ideas that got us into the jam in the first place. But his greatest accomplishment of all was dedicating his life to Jesus Christ and being a faithful witness to Him in the last months of His life. Because He received Jesus Christ as His Lord and Savior, I can say with complete sincerity and confidence that He is in heaven right now on his greatest adventure. While I'm heartbroken that I won't see him again earth-side, I cling to the fact that we will be reunited again, in the presence of the Lord, and how sweet that time will be. Thank you for all of your sweet messages and prayers for my family. We appreciate it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment